Snow and Prayers
Crazy Snow Day 1/26/11
Crazy blizzard snow, super icy and slippery conditions, poor visibility, even poorer road conditions and skill of drivers everywhere. I had quite the nightmare time just GETTING to daycare to pick up Kaleb, fearful for my safety, if not my life, and car getting stuck several times, only getting moving again by slipping and sliding others...
Anyhoo... With my hair soaking wet and covered in snow, Kaleb's as well, we make the treacherous trek home. I was very scared, and at one point, I must have said something about saying a prayer for mommy. I have no recollection of that particular part, but what ensued was VERY memorable.
Kaleb said he would pray for mommy, and threw his little arms together in his car seat(Imagine the bulky coat sleeves and his car seat straps getting in the way), squeezed his eyes closed as tight as he could, and prayed. He made sure to bless his typical list: grandma, grandpa, ryan, baby, miss leigh-anne, etc.. His intention was definitely to pray for our safety, though he didn't quite have the words for that. But he did pray! And when he finished, and saw me still "scared" he would say "mommy scared, Kaleb scared too" and decided we needed "nother one" and would say another prayer. This happened multiple times, multiple prayers said by my sweet little Kaleb, as I maneuvered the treacherous roads.
Several times, tears in my eyes made my almost nill visibility even worse, if that can happen. :) When we finally did make it into our parking spot, I said a prayer (out loud for Kaleb's sake) Thanking Heavenly Father that we made it safe, and Kaleb's prayers were answered. I was so shaken up, I said several more prayers once we got inside, and was so pleased that YES, we were alive and safe, but also, that Kaleb knows about prayer.
He tends to fight it every night, rarely does it correctly, and it always feels like a battle. But when it really mattered, he was ALL OVER saying prayers for those he loved, and seemed to know exactly what prayer was for, and how to do it. THAT was incredible. :) My precious little sweetie prays to his Heavenly Father, and makes his mommy tearful. :)


3 Comments:
That is such a sweet experience. How scary, but to know he has the faith in prayer is Heavenly. Thank you for sharing!!!1
Glad you made it home safely and even more pleased that you are teaching your child the importance of prayer (and that he is teaching you, too!).
What a sweet sweet story. Children can be such great examples. It makes me want to keep teaching them what's right, whether they seem like they are paying attention or not. Thanks little Kaleb! I'm so glad you're all safe.
Post a Comment
<< Home