Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Where's my Bellybutton?

This was truly a camera worthy moment... if only it wasn't packed up in the hospital bag in the trunk of the car...

Yesterday, I lost my bellybutton! The only way you could tell there USED To be a bellybutton there, was because the color of the skin was just a little different. But it was GONE!!! Kaleb must have stolen it. It wasn't popped out, it wasn't the little slit it's been. It was just absolutely GONE! Larry thinks I'm silly to be so obsessed with a belly button, but wouldn't you be weirded out if yours completely disappeared?

And there comes some serious questions from the fact. For instance, once Kaleb is born, does it just automatically re-appear? Or is there a procedure that has to occur from the inside to pull the skin back in? or will it be gone forever? these are life changing questions!!!

And of course it happens on the day that both docs I saw said my body is regressing, and moving away from giving birth. My back/pelvis is locking up, I've been running a low grade fever, and must be fighting a bug of some sort, instead of prepping for having a baby! And meanwhile, my bellybutton has gone missing!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

You're too funny! I'm not going to let you in on the secret of the re-appearing bellybuttom...we've got to keep it interesting!

Hope you're feeling better soon. We just got all hit with a nasty 24 hr bug, I don't wish it on you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home