Car Woes
Fri, I took the day off work, as Larry had asked me to join him for his family reunion. So, his family came from Canada and Utah and various places, and we went to Gettysburg. Larry came to pick me up, so I didn't touch my car on Fri.
Sat, we were all to meet downtown at the white house at 8am. So, I hopped in my car at 7am and it wouldn't start. 20 minutes of trying, it still wouldn't start. I called Larry, who sped 85 miles an hour to get to me, then drive me into DC, and we made it by 8, unbelievably... Then, we got home around 8pm sat night, and tried to jump start my car. No go. Still dead. Wouldn't even jump. So, I called uncle George. George said he would leave church early on Sun to come look at it, before he did a walk through on a house.
The prognosis on the phone was that it was either fuel or electrical, and I'd have to have it towed to a place to get looked at. Sun morning came, and Larry had to get up and drive to me to take me to church, as my car was dead.... but, of COURSE, it worked sun morning. It worked Sun afternoon. It worked Sun night. I drove it to Annapolis to have George look at it, and he said if it was working, he couldn't tell what was wrong, and it would be a waste of money to take it in and have someone tell me the same thing. So, I had to wait until it didn't work again. Lovely.
So, last night I tried it, and it worked, so I figured I'd be fine to get to work this morning. WRONG! I went out to go to work 7:30 this morning, and it wouldn't start AGAIN. Crap! I couldn't miss work today. Called George, who said he'd come up this afternoon. But of course when he comes up, the car will work... Then, came and turned on the computer to figure out how to get to work via public transportation. I don't live in a very good area for that. I'd have to take 3 different buses, all of which wouldn't even come for another hour, plus the transfers and wait times, and I wouldn't get to work until lunch time! Not to mention getting home tonight, and I have 2 clients starting at 6 tonight, so I couldn't bail on them. So, I figured I'd have to call out today... meanwhile, hoping the car doesn't work for George, he can figure it out, and fix it, rather than telling me to get it towed to a garage for them to fiddle with it. Or worse yet, it works for him, and runs, then tomorrow morning, it doesn't work again...
My solution? go buy a new car today! :) Though, I can't afford the payment. Don't want to be rash, but at the same time, I am so dependent on a car, and need something reliable, I see it as a very realistic solution... what am I going to do? Not to mention, how am I getting to work and Dr apts tomorrow? and the rest of the week...

